Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Minister

A newly qualified minister is apprenticed as curate to a parish in Billericay (in Essex, home of the Billericay Dicky of huge -er- renown), and he is told by the bishop to go out amongst the people in the streets in order that he can start his pastoral care with some knowledge of his parishioners.

The young man thinks this is a good idea and he walks down the main street of the town looking for people to talk with. The first person he meets is a young, attractive woman standing under a streetlight.

"Hello my dear, I'm your new minister. How are you?"

"Fine"

"Can I ask what you do?"

"Well, I'm in business, you know... for myself".

"And what is the nature of your business?"

"Er...I'm a performer".

"Ah, a thespian! And may I ask, how is business these days?"

"Great! In fact, if I had another pair of legs, I'd open in the West End!"

No comments:

Post a Comment